• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Aileron Adjustment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cliffrosa

Seems like my left alieron is down when the stick is in the neutral position, I tried to look on how to adjust it but didnt really find a way to do it.

If your airplane is built to the plans, there should be at least one rod end bearing on each aileron pushrod. It should allow you to change the length of each pushrod to allow aileron position adjustment.

I took a look behind the pilot's seat on my SII. The aileron/elevator torque tube has a triangular bellcrank in the centre of the fuselage. There are two control rods, each has 2 eye ends. Those rods each connect to an aileron bellcrank on the left and right aileron torque tubes. There is an adjustable stop bolt in each of those 2 bellcranks.
Just outside the fuselage there is an eye-end which connects to each aileron. It is adjustable.
Notes: i. Rig the ailerons exactly as per the manual. Don't get creative here.
ii. Be certain the there is thread at the safety holes in the eye ends, to prevent failure.
iii. Double check for cotter pins, lockwire and tight jam-nuts on all these controls.
iv. If you have problems or doubts ask here or ask an A&P,AME for advice. Ailerons matter!

Back