• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Aeroncas at Oshkosh

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PTAirco

It's the year of the Aeronca at Oshkosh. We got 100 special spots lined up and apparently I am No 90. I'm sure if more than 100 show up, they'll squeeze them in somewhere.

Anyone else bringing their Airknocker? I'm planning to to take my L3 along with a couple of other Chiefs, Southern California. Flabob to be exact. The more the merrier. It's going to be a slog at 75mph but it's on my bucket list.
The only other time I've been to Oshkosh was 2009 with 6 others in two Bonanzas, at 160mph. Going round the long way, past El Paso, mostly following the 10 until I get to lower altitudes.. My L3 is ceiling and range challenged; I might rig up a few extra gallons in the back, that remains to be seen. The Chiefs I'm going with have auxiliary tanks and I don't want to hold them up with my 20 planned fuel stops. about 30 hours flyting time.

I only have about 6 hours on it since its restoration but I have time enough to fix any squawks that I find, although so far everything works as it did 82 years ago when it was built.

vlcsnap-2023-08-07-19h12m42s933.png

Back