• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

912ULS soot on plugs. 100LL or carbs too rich?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Targhee

Hi, I recently just bought my first light sport with a 912ULS. Just had the plugs changed out as part of the 25hr inspection and all 8 were completely covered with black soot. The A&P said this was a sign of the carbs running too rich, but the plane manufacturer says it's because it was running the first 25 hours with 100LL (I just switched over to MOGAS 93 E0) and that as long as the engine is running smoothly, I should just keep going and check the plugs again at the next maintenance interval. They can't both be right. Any advice? Thanks!

Back