• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

What is this airfoil called?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shadow

A couple years ago i saw a show on tv or read an article which had pictures of a test-bed aircraft showing off a new type of wing.

I remember it being a fixed multi-element airfoil.

The airplane was in the air flying, one wing was normal the other wing was a combination of regular wing and this fixed multi-element airfoil.

Attached is something I whipped up in paint showing the top-down view of the aircraft as I remember it.

Any help with the name of such an airfoil would be great as I've googled the beejeesus out of 'multi-element airfoil' with no success in finding this test aircraft.

Thanks,
Serge.

Attachments

• multi element wing.jpg
    multi element wing.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 529
Last edited:
Back