• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Rules for Flight

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orion

R.I.P.
Over the years I've seen a number of rather interesting rules for flight, some real while others were inteded to be tongue-in-cheek. These came to my attention just recently:

1) Every take-off is optional. Every landing is mandatory.
2) If you push the stick forward, the houses get bigger. If you pull the stick back, they get smaller. That is, unless you keep pulling the stick all the way back, then they get bigger again.
3) Flying isn't dangerous. Crashing is what's dangerous.
4) It's always better to be down here wishing you were up there than up there wishing you were down here.
5) The ONLY time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
6) The propellor is just a big fan in front of the plane used to keep the pilot cool. When it stops, you can actually watch the pilot start sweating.
7) When in doubt, hold your altitude. No one has ever collided with the sky.
8) A good landing is one from which you can walk away. A great landing is one after which you can use the plane again.
9) Learn from the mistakes of others - you wont live long eonough to make all of them yourself.
10) Stay out of clouds. The silver lining everyone keeps talking about might be another airplane going in the opposite direction. Reliable sources also report that mountains have been known to hide out in clouds.

Any others?

Back