• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Hi from Atlanta

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EZE-Driver

Hey Everyone.

Just wanted to introduce myself here real quick.
My name's Joerg, I'm originally from Germany and moved to the US in 2006.
I started flying Gliders in Germany when I was 14 but couldn't follow through since stuff like
that is just very expensive over there.
In 2009 a good friend of mine who I met at our local RC Club flying fixed and rotary wing aircraft
told me that he built a Kolb Firestar II and took me up in it which got me bitten by the bug again.
I started building my Kolb Mark III Xtra in September 2009 and got my PPL in August 2010.
Beginning of this year I bought a beautiful Rutan VariEZE which I took (at the side of that same buddy and his Sonex Waiex)
from Atlanta, GA to Santa Catalina, CA and back in roughly 30 hours of flying time.
I really enjoy that little flying machine.

The Kolb is making slow progress due to my screwed up work schedule, but she'll fly someday.
The tail section is done, so is the left wing almost.

That's pretty much it.

Back