• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

What is safest airplane for living home?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Genius_P_Bear

Hi.

I'm Bear, Genius, inventor, retired world class software engineer. ( I added bear for preventing cursing to me : )

as all fellow here. my dream is making airplane( one of mine) . but reality lead me mobile home. so currently I look for what is best type mobile home.

first time I thought about motor home. but soon I realize it have so many limitations and risk at road especially there is security issue.

and I interest in yacht and super yacht, and wig. but ironically. it's material cost is too huge. and also it's eat too much gas. so I keep checking over and over. now I'm focusing wig and safe and slow airplane.

here is the candidate.

An-2_on_skis.jpg the AN-2 roomy very old design. and so many records. and best seller.

300px-De_Havilland_DH-98_Mosquito_ExCC.jpgMosquito. best seller very old design. very easy to make. and even new material make this miracle lighter plane.

Aeroflot_Savoia-Marchetti_S.55P.jpg Savoia s 55 current most main candidate. very roomy 1929 year technology structure very simple, it can replace yacht, fast enough the most wonderful thing is it's cockpit . it's under the engine and inside wing. even it crash to land cockpit is last place get shocked. and even if full over pilot is safe. ( Am I right?)

What do you think about this?

Of course I will hire people and use and invent CNC and 3D printer for this. we dont need argue about it's possible or not. but If this is not fit to this area . I will move this thread to fit part.

My main concern is below

1. result airplane must be safest one.

2. enough room for temporal living space.

3. it can land on water and land

4. very easy to make and full document already there.

5. low human power required - CNC and 3D printer will do most job

6. not tricky so newbie can make it

very hard task , at first time I worried my airplane make me kill so I hesitate but I think S 55 is very safe in most case. and construction manual was very in detail

What do you think about the safe moving home? If I can do this. you can get new data :) everybody wins~!:)

P_Bear

Back