Wanted Wanted: Ragwing Stork Builder Videos

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

D_limiter

Lifetime Supporter
Looking for the Builders DVDs for Roger Mann’s Stork RW-20.

Please contact me if you have a set you would like to sell. I'm asking here because they are sold out on the website.

Thanks!

Last edited:

MadProfessor8138

Log Member
Give them a bit of time and they will be in stock again.....the "out of stock" happens frequently.
If they don't have them in stock within the next week or two let me know and I will see if my dvd's can be copied.

Kevin

way_up_noth

Looking for the Builders DVDs for Roger Mann’s Stork RW-20.

Please contact me if you have a set you would like to sell. I'm asking here because they are sold out on the website.

Thanks!
This post caught my attention... the rw-20 is a great looking plane... how many of this aircraft are flying... I looked on YouTube and could not find any videos of it

Have you flown in one... seen one?..,tell us about it...looks very interesting

MadProfessor8138

Log Member
The Rw19 and RW20 are virtually the same plane......the 19 is tandem and the 20 is side by side.
Type Ragwing Stork in Youtube and you will find a few video clips.

Kevin

way_up_noth

I've only ever worked on aluminum aircraft...can wood aircraft be store outdoors for the flying season...or do you have to hanger them 24/7 unless flying?

Is there a builder group..like to read more about it

TFF

Wood airplanes have been stored outside since the beginning. The question is are you willing to do the maintenance on them to store them outside. Fabric planes in cotton used to be recovered about every five years. The problems would be found and fixed and a new skin went on. Dacron has stopped the five year cover rot, but underneath does not get the same scrutiny. It’s going to depend on your environment.

D_limiter

Lifetime Supporter
Give them a bit of time and they will be in stock again.....the "out of stock" happens frequently.
If they don't have them in stock within the next week or two let me know and I will see if my dvd's can be copied.

Kevin
Thanks for the information and the offer of help! I’ll check in on Roger’s web site for a bit and see what happens. I did email him through the site, but have not heard back.

D_limiter

Lifetime Supporter
Have you flown in one... seen one?..,tell us about it...looks very interesting
Never have seen one (except on the YouTubes). But I have a 65hp continental that is looking for a project....

I have fantasies of merging the RW-20 with Fritz’s sketches of a tube and gusset version of the storch. I would like to build it with tube rather than wood...

MadProfessor8138

Log Member
But I have a 65hp continental that is looking for a project.
If you use anything other than a 2-stroke or possibly even a Yamaha R1....you "WILL NOT" get anything that resembles STOL performance ....the plane will just be too d*mn heavy and underpowered !!!
I know of an RW20 that is an hour away from me that has a C85 in it......it is over 800 lbs.......Roger's original plane is 497 lbs.
YouTube Stork videos of guys that have used certified engines,Subarus,rotary,etc........they fly like a Cessna 150.

Kevin

way_up_noth

If you use anything other than a 2-stroke or possibly even a Yamaha R1....you "WILL NOT" get anything that resembles STOL performance ....the plane will just be too d*mn heavy and underpowered !!!
I know of an RW20 that is an hour away from me that has a C85 in it......it is over 800 lbs.......Roger's original plane is 497 lbs.
YouTube Stork videos of guys that have used certified engines,Subarus,rotary,etc........they fly like a Cessna 150.

Kevin
I’m new to all this... what would be a good 2 stroke to look at for this plane?...does it need a PSRU?

TFF

You get different pluses and minuses. Years ago there was a Kitplane article on the noon patrol fleet of Replica N11s. Some were Rotax some were VW. They both had different flying characteristics and had crossover points of performance. Essentially unless you have a constant speed prop, you can’t have both sides of good. Not a lot of Rotax or VW with constant speed. It’s too bad the Aeromatic doesn’t build a small prop.

D_limiter

Lifetime Supporter
Just an update, as was suggested above, the videos are back in stock on Roger's website. I'm putting in my order.

MadProfessor8138

Log Member
Put that order in.........
Once you get the plans and videos grab something to drink and set aside a few hours to do some studying.
There is a lot of info in the videos that isn't covered on the plans and areas of the build will become clearer the more you watch.

Kevin

Last edited: