• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Top Mount Oil Cooler

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Val_895

Has anyone else done this? I thought about it and found this pic of one. I currently have some unknown aftermarket one mounted under the pan which seems ok. And is mounted so so. This sure seems like a space saver and could free up some room for the exhaust I need to build and carburetor intake box.

anyone???

Attachments

• 150922-22152.jpg
    150922-22152.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 0
What great info! Thank you.
Sounds like you found this to work very well if you had to mention to tape over some surface area to keep oil temps up.
I like that it’s out of the way in an unused area.
I have a lathe but no mill. But looks like you could do this on a press with the right tooling and patience.

The photo is such a clean setup
I hadn’t even considered fiberglass until now for baffles.

I've always liked that setup too, but wouldn't just one hose from the higher pressure side be better than two?

Back