• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Shop/Garage lighting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AviatorJ

I built an RV-10 in a 3 car garage. The space worked well but I wasn't able to put cars in there for about 2-3 years. I pulled the trigger on building a detached 24x30 garage which will be a huge upgrade. I wanted to get some feedback on the light layout. I removed the dimensions from the attached drawing to declutter it a bit.

My goal is to have solid lighting, without blinding me. I'm looking at doing 1x4' LED panel lights, was thinking between 40-50 watts. The rest of the items such as outlets and location of minisplit, etc is a work in progress. Most of this will revolve around where I put cabinets, shelves and what not.

Thoughts would be appreciated. I thought about doing 4 lights in a row but that may be overkill. Right now the panels are 3' off the side walls and garage door. They're spaced evenly on the row and 6 ft between the rows.

Appreciate it!

Attachments

• Garage- Lighting.pdf
    398.7 KB · Views: 24
Back