• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

reverse lift curve ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Starflight

Saskatchewan..."GO RIDERS"(pride)where's my banjo?
Hi guys...just thought I'd sneak a report number I had forgotten, in here: TR586.
It was the first NACA analysis of low R behavior of common airfoils and has an
interesting result sidelight in that some very thick highly cambered airfoils will
actually INCREASE their Cl with decreasing Rn. Not enough to compensate for
the extra needed due to reduced velocity, but any gain would/should be welcome
when most other airfoils are losing lift by the bucket load as they slow down.
Could any of you please explain what causes this phenomena? :eek:)

Back