• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

propeller pitch limit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hard

Hi guys .
as I know propeller works like a gearbox , the pitch gives speed and long diameter gives more thrust , but the question here what is the limit of this pitch to not be stalled and lose thrust,as an example I have this calculator http://personal.osi.hu/fuzesisz/strc_eng/index.htm
and when I put these data :
propeller diameter : 26 inc
pitch : 36
propeller type : APC CF: 1.06
no of blades : 4
rpm : 3200 rpm
air tumperture : 86 fah
air density : 1.1648 (kg/cm3)

it gives
static thrust : 22.23 pound
hp : 6.599
flying speed : 109 mph

but without any warrning if this pitch reach the stall angle of attack or not .

I am waiting for your comments .

Back