• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

No building activity - but busy on other fronts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtfm

Hi guys,
It has only recently occurred to me that as part of a building community, I am part of a community populated by folk who take an interest in each member and his/her personal ups and downs. So this is a personal post...

First, I have been looking for work for over four months now, so there is little (read: 'nothing') happening on the building front. However, I have managed to successfully move out of my previous workshop where I was surrounded by hoards of neo-hippies smoking exotic plants and walking round like the living dead at 6am in the morning complaining about my noise. The new workshop is in an industrial and storage park about 10 mins from home by car. Three time the size, and half the cost. The tools are there, the new plug stand is there, I have the plug templates, and am waiting for my first salary cheque to arrive so that I can purchase foam for the new plug.

And Glenda (my lovely wife) and I have been training extremely hard on the dance floor. As some of you may know, we are competition ballroom dancers. We competed in the premier Queensland Ballroom championships over the Easter Weekend, and came away with a first and a third placing. So we are very chuffed indeed. Our goal is to win the Australian National Open Ballroom championships in December. We compete in the Masters division, of course, which is for people over 35. The problem is that every year, a new crop of competitors arrive from the under 35 division full of energy and fire. They are nearly half our age. But I've not let that be a barrier so far...

Regards, and I trust that you all had a very pleasant Easter with your families.

Duncan

Back