• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Input on 0-235 rebuild

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwalker

Supporting Member
Not wanting to contaminate the discussion in the For Sale section, I bring this here where it probably belongs-

I have an 0-235-C1 that I intend to mount on my Vari-EZ. The engine data plate shows HP at 108@2600rpm leading me to believe it is a 0-235 C-1C version of the engine that came with Slick mags. My original intention was during the upcoming rebuild, to have the cylinders reconditioned or replaced as necessary and to swap on the 8 or 8.25-1 pistons, install an updated cam, and hopefully make 218hp @ 2800RPM.
It might just be the local A&P fellows orneriness and overall dislike of experimentals, but he has told me that the head studs on the C1 are too small and will not take the higher compression pistons and I am asking for trouble. Any input? Wandering throughout the internet I see this combination discussed often but without definitive "yes that worked great" or "nothing but trouble" conclusions, and a shocking- for the internet- lack of anecdotal tales of good or bad experiences.

I had not really put much thought into the 0-235 rebuild but with the other engines all ready for assembly it is next in the pipeline and decisions need to be made, parts located and ordered, etc.

Data plate pictured below.

Attachments

• data plate.jpg
    data plate.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
Back