• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

help reading wiring schematic

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcurcio1989

I need some help reading this diagram. I am assuming that the grounded circle around the mic wire is to indicate grounded shielding. Does this mean that the headset wires do not need to be shielded? Would if it hurt if I run the shielded wire i have and just don't stylize the shield I don't want that to cause interference.

What I don't get is that it appears that it want me to run a shielded wire to each microphone, tie the shield to the ground wire on the mic plug and then ground at the plug also. Same thing for the aux in plug. What has me confused with all of that is that it shows a shield being grounded at terminal 2 on the radio plug. Is this saying just to ground this terminal (if so why is the shield symbol shown??) or is it saying to connect the two mic grounded shields (or maybe three if I include the shield for the aux) to this terminal??

If you know what this means please just explain as I am obviously confused!

760%2Bschematic.png

Last edited:
Back