• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Effective angle of attack for a section

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martenare

I am trying to draw a span lift distribution chart but my maths knowledge is too rusty these days (currently trying to revise it).
"Theory of wing sections" page 22 gives a formula to calculate the effective angle of attack for a wing section but I am unable to extract a value from it:tired:.
Could anyone please explain to me how I am supposed to use it.

αe=f(Cl)=α - 180/π*b/π∫((d/dy)(Clc/4b)dy)/(y1-y)
Perhaps a bit hard to read hewe at the forum but it is equation 1.10 on page 22 in the book.

Thanks for your help!

Back