• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

"Cool Glasses" Test Subject

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schmleff

Guys,

I am currently working on a Sonex that will not stay cool and am going to put a set of the Cool Glasses on it in place of the standard cool tins. I am considering making them available for sale but want to get some test numbers to evaluate their performance. The Sonex has only flown once and it runs so hot that I am not willing to fly it to gather any data with the existing tins.

That being said, I am looking for someone to test a set for me.

The ideal test plane would have been flown with the standard tins in place. I would prefer that the plane have standard VW heads on it so I can evaluate if the ones I made using the CB044 heads will fit VW heads.

Anyone willing to give a set a try?

Attachments

• IM002700.jpg
    IM002700.jpg
    351.9 KB · Views: 71
Hi Jeff,
sorry, I don't want to test your glass cooling tins, because I had tested my version of your design. Mine is not so perfect as your version, but I can say, the result have very much significant better cooling and the original cooling tins are parts for the trash!
with best regards and thank you for your help!
Juergen

You have to pull the heads to get the tin out and install the glasses. They are held in place with .40" safety wire. Pretty easy install. Do you have any picts of your current install? What are you seeing for temps now?

I have sheet metal cooling plenums around my heads and I see 250 degrees max, they do get down to 200 when I am crusing around. Can the glasses be used with a cooling plenum? Im planning on upping the HP with a new build so I may be needing them in the future, not anytime soon tho.

Back