• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Alternator info?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ebt

Calling any alternator gurus: I have a 14 volt alternator on my O360 with no markings whatsoever. It may have had a sticker on it when new, but if so, the sticker is long gone. No log entries so the alternator may be older than I am. I would like to replace it.

My plane (Tailwind) has a B&C LR3C-14 voltage regulator. I happen to have a new japanese automotive alternator which is identical to the one on my previous plane (an RV6 also with an O360).

Does anyone know about compatibility between an automotive alternator and the B&C regulator? Are aviation alternators somehow different than automotive alternators (electrically)?
Thanks for any info.

Back