• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

2L & 2LS For Sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrickTransAm

Hey guys,

I have 2 planes that I regretfully need to sell. I would make a package deal, but will price them separately since that is most likely how they will go.

First is the 2L:
It is about 90% complete. Fuse is covered and painted white. Seats are covered, dash is done, tinted canopy is mounted and functional, firewall is complete, cowling has been test fit (needs finishing and paint), new wheel pants (never mounted or painted), wings are finished (with S mod), ailerons have been test fit (just need to be riveted onto the wings), 5/8" landing gear with hydraulic disc brakes. Plane is set up in tail dragger configuration. I have a brand new (just got it last week) Sterba 54x48 propeller and aluminum GPAS spinner that has been fit and is ready for install.

The engine is a 2180 VW with dual plug heads. Has about 1 hour of break-in time. Dual ignition (GPAS style electronic ignition and a Slick mag). New Bendix carb, Diehl rear cover with starter provision in the 6 o'clock position, it has an alternator/generator (but not sure what amperage), Force One prop hub, top mounted oil cooler, etc.

All this plane should need is final fitting and painting of the cowlings, painting of the wings, wiring for ignition and charging system, a fuel line from the gascolator to the carb, rudder pedals for the co-pilot position, and final fastening of the elevator and rudder hinges. One of the wings was dropped (before I owned it) and did a little damage to the wing tip (easily fixable fiberglass crack and a small amount of aluminum straightening is all that is needed.)

Asking $6500

Now for the 2LS:
While it is substantially bigger than the 2L, it needs more work to be finished. I have a completely welded fuselage with 5/8" landing gear and cable operated brakes. Included with this fuse, I have a set of brand new cowlings, new wheel pants, extra large clear canopy (still wrapped in plastic), main fuel tank and auxillary tank that mounts behind the pilot, GPAS aileron kit and spar kit (new in the box), I have a core VW engine that has been used for parts fitment. It has the Diehl cover, alternator/generator assembly, NIB Slick Mag, wiring harness, drive system, flywheel, brand new set of AMC dual plug heads, NIB Bendix carb, and a set of jugs with pistons (not sure what size). Plane is set up as a tail dragger but could easily be converted to tricycle gear at this stage.

This one needs a lot of work, but it's a good start for someone wanting to build their own. The hardest parts are mostly done.

Asking $3000

I just want to add a short comment. Both of these planes are really nice quality. I am a stickler for perfection. The welds are all high quality TIG welds (not professional, but still very clean and nice). I think anyone who buys either of these units will not be disappointed with what they get.

Feel free to make an offer. I don't get offended easily and all I can do is say no if the deal isn't right. I'll try to add some pics soon.

Thanks,
Mat Thomas
cell (94O) 63I-8O35

Back