• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

NEW MEMBER FROM CONNECTICUT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lesterpalifka

Hi all,

My name is Lester Palifka. I hail from Connecticut. I have been interested in aircraft all my life. Both my dad and my uncle worked for Kaman Aircraft in Bloomfield. I grew up playing in hok's, h43b's and hu2k seasprites.

I am 61 years old. I am a machine designer and have been a draftsman for 40+ yeras.
I have 4 children and 3 grandchildren.

In the 70's I belonged to the New England Air museum. I was on the retoration crew for the Corsair that they have on display there.

Currently i am designing a hybred plane that is a combination of a Pietenpol fuslage and a Heath style wing. It is going to be mid-wing design with folding wings (airl foil is a clark y with a 53"+ chord). It will be powered by a Subaru 4 cyl fuel injected engine. Hopefully it will be in the air in two years. I am doing my design work in autocad and solidworks 3d. I have uploaded a pic of what i have done so far.

If anyone wants some drafting work done in either 3d or 2d let me know and i will hePORT OUTSIDE WING ASSY.jpg

FUSELAGE.jpglp out.. no charge. I am currently unemployed so i have time on my hands.

I look forward to participating in the forums on this site.

regards,

Lester

Back