• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Is homebuilding going to vanish?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnS

Hello,

I am trying to restart a project and am horrified at what I'm finding relative to supplies. In looking to buy fresh adhesives I see that prices have doubled. I then, out of curiosity, starting looking for nails only to find out they no longer exist. I have a good supply that I got from Wicks in my initial order, but its unsettling to think that they're no longer manufactured. Related to that Wicks no longer sells wood making Aircraft Spruce the only game in town. That's fine, but the price of capstrips I need has very nearly doubled as well.

I'm sure homebuilding has been a fairly small market for an awfully long time, but is it going to disappear due to pricing and availability. I'd imagine there are not going to be any upstarts in the aircraft nail manufacturing business.

I constantly am told that our country has been through ups and downs before and I believe that. But it seems the down we're in now might kill a lot of industries for good. Im very disturbed by it. What does anyone else think about this subject.

John

Back