• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Four seat wooden airplane designer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mgfallwell1

I started building aircraft about 30 years ago with Ken Rand, since then I've done about 30 design studies.
Before that I built power model airplanes, the first of which was a design by Edgar Schmued. I bought this one because it was half the price of any other control line model in the shop. This P-51 was made from Balsa and aluminum foil.

Edgar went on to advocate Construction of aluminum wood sandwich aircraft but it has taken me many years to learn the merits of this form of construction.

I am currently studying a four seat desigtn that incorporates all the construction tricks I've come across over the years.
The Skins are are all molded with vacuum bags. The landing gear is a fixed tail wheel design. The engine is 130 horsepower or more. The goal is to have an economical kit that can be constructed in a about 100 man hours.

I am retired and living in Texas a few miles south of Lake Texoma

Back