• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Ekranoplan with foam! Will it fly?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sapien

Hello there,

This is my 1st day here!
:)

I started last year building an ekranoplan from an old canoe, old masts and other old parts from everywhere;
foam, duct tape, fiber glass... the cheapest things!...
canoe.jpg
And... im almost DONE!!

for power im using:
2x Aeolianmotor C5065 KV380 Brushless Motor 1665 Watt
with 16´´x 10´´, 4 blade propeller

1x sky engine 100cc, 18 hp
with a carbon fiber 3 blade, 120cm propeller

I dont know i much the "aircraft" weight... around 90Kg i guess.
and i wight 85kg

This ship, ekranoplan, its to fly only 1-2 metters above the water!
Im not a engennier, not a geniuos... i just want to fly!
So my question its: will it fly?! Will it take off?!

You can wach the full power test HERE!

Yes... i work in a place with bad conditions...
:ermm:

I need opinions, tips, good criticisms, things that i can learn more!

Thanks
best regards

ps: i have more data, specifications, videos, pictures, about the ship that i can show!
:)

Back