• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Acro Eagle?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quesauce

Hi all,

I'm a private pilot and member of a flying club that gives me access to a Grumman Tiger. I learned to fly in a Citabria. I used to own an RV-6A that I bought flying. The Tiger is fine for getting my wife and me places, but it's not much fun (and expensive) for local flights. I also miss doing (gentleman's) acro. It's the greatest stress reliever I've ever found.

I got the itch to build something because I want to BUILD something. I'm really interested in learning about oxy/acetaline welding, machining, etc.. I want something that is very simple and straightforward. I found the Legal Eagle XL and it's nearly exactly what I'm looking for minus the acro portion but I REALLY want an acro bird. A compounding factor is my size. I'm 6'5" and 270 pounds.

So, is there anything out there that is similar to the Eagle but capable of spending some time upside down with my big posterior in it? I really don't care about it being an ultralite nor am I concerned about speed. I ordered a set of LE XL plans, and if nothing is out there, I'll probably proceed with the build as is.

Many thanks,
Kevin

Back