• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

14 YO Girl Flies UL From SC to OSH

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Victor Bravo

Supporting Member
I happened to stumble across this video, and then a series of other related videos. Forget the ding-bat hostess who introduces the video in the first 15 seconds. Ms. Alina Scott, arriving in style in an Aerolite 103, is the bad-ass rock star of all aviation as far as I'm concerned!

The big take-away isn't even her flying skill, and the fact she flew a pretty long XC into OSH at 14. The bigger take-away for me was the self-confidence, demeanor, and maturity that aviation has helped develop in this young lady. When you see this video, you will be left with the idea that you probably just met a future Air Force General, Senator, and US President.

IMHO this video needs to be a central part of EVERY EAA Chapter's Young Eagles and community outreach. It has to be a part of every STEM program in every school, shown to every local politician and potential youth aviation program sponsor, and all of us need to promote, forward, and 'viral-ize' this video everywhere we can.

Back