• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Weight and Balance Thought Experiment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

proppastie

I do know how to properly weigh an aircraft.....One is supposed to level the aircraft and make the calculations based on the distance from the datum of the wheels.....But what if for various reasons one can not level the aircraft …....not enough adjustment in the tires or tare or the ground is not flat etc.

It seems to me if one were to measure the angle difference from level one might calculate the difference of the distance from the datum of the various locations ….come up with a CG location in the altered angle and then calculate what that spot would be if the aircraft was level....Probably more convoluted and error prone than doing it correctly however seems to me it should work.

Any Thoughts?

Back