• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Want to build a gyrocopter..Help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gicharu

"Hi, Samuel here, A kenyan living in Kenya (the land where humans run like crazy!! :)

Now, i have a dream, to fly my home made gyro-copter. Here is the challenge. I dont have one, neither have i started building one. I have just been doing research on the engines etc........im not an engineer though, (a maths major so i quickly get sm engineering concepts)

i came across this forum and thought of giving it a shot...so anyone please advise me on the best place to start off....Im thinking of using a second hand engine from a used vehicle (wow quite ambitious) and i intend to assemble it myself!....."kujiamini!!" - (a swahili word meaning i believe in me)

so i look out for someone to advise me on the following matters

1) which vehicle brand engine would be appropriate to use?

2) Any tutorials out there on how to assemble one?

Looking foward to your feedback. Thanks in advance!

Back