• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Upgrading LSA brake lines

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eugene

Supporting Member
At this point nose of my aircraft completely cut off. This aloud me to take a close look at my break situation. This is already upgrade from original set up and you see two master cylinders from Matco with plastic brake lines. This system is using transmission oil as brake fluid. I really don't have much confidence in this lines. Primarily because they have a relatively large, bending radius, and in one spot, I see already kink.

I was under the impression after talking to someone at Oshkosh couple years ago that there is much better way to do things. Made few phone calls but didn't get anywhere. That is why I am posting this question here.

Is there better braided stainless steel lines could be used?
Is there a system that will allow me to assemble everything at home without purchasing $5000 tool for crimping?
What is everybody else doing for breaks in LSA world?
If nothing really wrong with plastic lines on pressure side, can I use something much more flexible on feed side to the reservoir?

I will include some pictures and maybe someone will tell me that something is drastically wrong with the set up.

IMG_2867.jpegIMG_2868.jpegIMG_2861.jpegIMG_2862.jpeg

Back