• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Twin Fuse Race Plane

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RJW

I drew this as sort of a joke. Unfortunately, now I am starting to like it. I often dream about building a racing plane and this thing seems like a good configuration for racing. Since I know nothing about twins or this configuration, I really have no idea if it would be fast. It certainly looks like it would be (to me anyway). My question is what are the bad points of this configuration concerning racing? Some “specifications” are 2500-pound race weight, about 1000HP, and a wing area of about 100 square feet.

What’s kind of crazy is that building this configuration would in may respects be simpler than building the conventional single on which it is based.

Twin Fuse 3.jpgTwin Fuse 2.jpg

Rob

Back