• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Phlying is Phun!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phyllis Phlys!

I'm Phyllis, the new owner of a post-war 7AC.

As part of my due diligence I had the airplane reweighed and a new weights and balance computed.

At ~695# empty (which being CAR3 means without 33# of engine oil and 3# of unusable fuel) my Champ is 187# lighter than a new production LSA 7ECA... I'm guessing my 18.5 gal tank is the same as their 18 gal tank with 0.5 gal of unusable fuel. The lightest battery, generator, and starter is what, 60# or so, that is still 127# more... Where?

The newer Citabria fuselage? Can't be...

Phyllis (playing with her new abacus)

~~~~~

Edit... I joined today, but something is wrong with the site. The four responses to my post are blocked out. I am unable to read them and it says "You have insufficient privileges to reply here."

So I edited my initial post. I'm not being rude, but there isn't much point in coming back.

Last edited:
Back