• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Phantom X-1 advise

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keithkrum

Hey, everybody. Just recently purchased a Phantom X-1 which was rebuilt by an expert builder. Aircraft and Rotax 503 have 10 hours total since rebuild. It was parked two years ago, due to health issues for the previous owner/builder. The rebuild included all new AN hardware and new skins as well. The previous owner's friends and co-members of their local club are going to help me get it cleaned up and air ready when the weather gets a bit warmer. As we do that, I'm hoping to upgrade to the mechanical disc brakes and add the flap modification from Phantom Aeronautics.
So other than the obvious stuff, do you have any advise on what may need special attention on something like this? (And please don't say "training". I've been flying for almost 50 years. Just not ultralights.)

Back