• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Personal Electric Aircraft (FAR part 103)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ISDP11

Hi guys,
I am designing an electric personal seaplane concept for a university project.
The pre-requisites are dictated by FAR 103 which include:

-Stall speed <24kts
-Empty weight <254lbs
-Single seater
-Max speed <55kts

I was looking at the FlyNano as a good starting point, however, I think the L/D ratio could be improved with a closed canopy (I doubt FlyNano will comply with the stall speed of <24kts). I'm also not a great fan of the engine/propeller position.
I was also looking at the SYNERGY concept. I know it is a much bigger aircraft but I think the compact wing design has also potential for a single seater (keeping wing span short=less weight=more battery power=more range). The engine and the wings will have to be positioned higher for water landings and many more modifications would have to be made obviously.

Any advice would be much appreciated,
Great forum by the way!!

Back