• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

People you’ve met at airports or aviation events

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BJC

Supporting Member
This post from PMD reminded me of a chance meeting at Sun n Fun.

This thread is a place to share your memories of people that you have met at airports or aviation events.

Oh my, I didn't think there was anyone on the planet who did not know the name of the most famous composers of our time! (i.e. John & Paul, not Pope John Paul).
About 14 years ago, was having lunch at Sun n Fun, sitting at a small table in the shade with my 4 year old granddaughter. No other seats were available, much less any seats in the shade. Saw an elderly couple with hands full of food, searching for a place to sit, so I called them over to join us. I could tell right away that they were not from Georgia, so I asked them where they were from. “Liverpool.” Being a bit of a smart ass, I said, “Then you must know the Beatles.” Turned out that they lived next door to Paul; “Quite a fine lad, he was.” They had several interesting stories that totally bored my granddaughter, but fascinated me.

One never knows who he will meet at Oshkosh of Lakeland; best to be on good behavior at all times.

BJC

Back