• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

part 103 electric motor battery allowance?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

13brv3

Supporting Member
Greetings,

It's been a while since I tried to research this, but I'm thinking there probably hasn't been any good news for electric motor battery allowance for part 103. I know some have "assumed" various allowances, such as battery weight can equal 5 gal fuel weight, or battery volume can equal 5 gal fuel volume. I think some have concluded that there's no allowance at all in the current regs, so the batteries would have to be included in the 254 lbs empty weight.

Has there been any conclusive decision on this? Any prevailing opinion? I know everyone is understandably afraid of breaking the seal on the part 103 regulation, so I assume that's unlikely to change.

Thanks,
Rusty

Back