• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Old (REALLY OLD!) Quickie and now an Ultralight builder and soon to be, again, pilot.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheOldChief

75 years old. Started building my Quickie in Florida, finished it in Iceland, had a ground accident there, rebuilt it and flew it again in Florida. 1978-87. Now I'm building a highly modified ultralight similar to a Belite. I'm hoping to connect with someone within 100 miles that may be building or flying something similar, and I have some ideas I'd like to bounce off everyone here from time to time. I'm not current, but hope to get a ride in a Cub or similar aircraft sometime soon. I'm located in Waynesboro, TN. I have 40 acres, with an 1,100 foot grass runway. I started building the ultralight about 10 years ago, but a move from PA, some health issues, and life in general put the project on hold. I just got the landing gear installed (but will change that when I get a steam oven built), and am building the wings soon, after I decide how my wing mods will work out. BTW, if you like an enclosed ultralight, with great flying qualities, check out Badland Aircraft. Great people, and several great ultralight aircraft. My ultra is similar, and if I could go back in time, their aircraft is what I'd build. More later. My mods are mainly wings, (removable wings instead of folding wings), spring landing gear, and a homemade AOA system.

Back