• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

new to the winged world.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carbon

Hello all. A friend of mine has a tierra 2 ultra light tail dragger 532 rotax. Twin carb, dual egt, electric fuel pump running parallel with a bulb type hand pump. (Is this for emergencies? Incase the electric pump goes in the air?). So the dash is totally torn apart wires all over the place. I am very confident in my wiring abilities I have wired boats race cars trailers even brand new fire trucks. I also worked for mack trucks in macungie working on electrical issues. I know these connections are crucial so I plan on replacing some of the wiring and fixing what I can. (Things like bad terminal). I will solder and heat shrink. So here are a few things I really need help with
Why two fuel systems?
Why two egt probes? The turbo cars/ diesel trucks i work on only have one
Why no lighting on this thing? (Sorry if stupid question this has no strobe no green/red not even any instrument or idiot lights or power lights (to show ignition is on and fuel pump is on this is really common in the race car world figured it would be in the flying world as well)

What should the egt be at idle 50% and wot?

This electric fuel pump is running with just a switch, we always put them on relays. Should i put this on a relay? Or is it more parts to fail?

Any general advice would be appreciated. Or any quirks with the 532 or the tierra two would really be appreciated.

Sorry for soo many questions. Just want this to be perfect.

Back