• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

New to me Stits Playboy ….modified ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a modified Stits Playboy SA3A and am working on some of the problems of at least a dozen previous owners “experimenting “ HA HA !
I should have known better but I do like tinkering myself …I have a set of plans but am missing page 4 of the 11 page set…anybody ? I have flown it as it was in its flown in delivered condition and am wondering about some flight characteristics that are questionable …cruise about 105 MPH no gps but looks about right ….and stalls anout 65 MPH …Newly rebuilt stock wings look good but not measured according to correct airfoil yet…5 pounds of lead in the tail due to a Lycoming O235 . The prop may be the cruise problem and have already replaced it with a ground adjustable but not tested yet …looking to try about 2000 Rpm for static (previous 2400 ) . VG's may help the stall ?
I have already fixed some of the obvious small issues but some more tweeking with engine cooling and cowling issues…
A&P IA ex-cropduster 77 years old and still at it …I gotta be nuts ! HELP !2EFA8463-E88F-4FAB-B070-CF60469091CA.jpeg

Back