• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

New to it all!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HeavensAbove

Not only am I new to the forum, I’m new to the home built plane community. I’m currently working on my pilots license, but have ran into the conclusion that after I’m licensed, it’s kind of expensive to own a plane. I found the ultralights a very cool idea, and based off my interactions with composite FX, and Hummel, very affordable. Despite it appearing semi straightforward, life has taught me that things rarely are. With that being said, I have loads of questions I’m hoping you fine people could answer, but I’ll get to those later.
About me: former automotive engineer, web and software engineer, now a reverend turn counselor. While it has been over 2 decades since I designed and built race cars for the NHRA circuit, I still build toys for myself and kids. My limitations are finances (if I had millions laying around I would just buy a Cessna 206), space (because California), and cement (I REALLY don’t think that’s going to be an issue in the air)

Back