• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

New to home building, very interested in gyrocopters!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rnwy13

Hey everyone,

I'm new to this forum and to the homebuilding world. I was given a ride in a gyrocopter a few years back and have been very interested in them ever since. I have a lot of questions that I was hoping to get some answers to.
I am looking for a kit that meets certain criteria. I might be way too picky for a gyrocopter and should maybe look for a fixed wing instead, I don't know.
I live in a pretty isolated part of North Dakota and would really like an enclosed, two-place gyro that I could use year-around (weather permitting of course). It gets pretty cold here and would need cabin heat. I'd also like to have the option to put floats, skis, and rugged landing gear on it. I'd like to at least have a 500 pound useful load but would love 600+. I would like to be able to remove the doors and fly it for coyote depredation on my land. As well as have the option down the road to mayybee install spray booms and put a small spray tank in the passenger compartment. I know ac 103-7 gives an exception to using experimental aircraft for agricultural applications on your own land, in your knowledge would this apply to a kit built gyrocopter?

i have been looking at the raf2000s. Is that an aircraft that could potentially fit some of my criteria?

I am also curious about resale value. I noticed that the rafs for sale on barnstormers are a lot cheaper than buying a kit from the manufacturer. Is this common that the market value is much less for an already built aircraft than what the builder put into it?

I really appreciate your time in reading through my questions and any pointers you could give me.

Back