• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

New member with a mission

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave B

Hi to all.

I have to be honest about how I ended up here and found this site in the first place. My best friend and I, in junior high and early high school, lived, breathed and dreamed flying (when we weren't fly fishing). His name was Pete Plumb. We lost touch with each other in the fall of '74. My recent mission was to see if I could catch up to him and perhaps share memories.

I see he was known here for his homebuilt airplane design work and for his design work for it's engine. It's also here on this site that I learned he was lost a couple of years ago. I see he was remembered fondly and respected. I have even seen some video of his plane and engine. Although he is gone, I will always have the best memories of our flying obsession. We even designed a Schwietzer 1-26 trainer cockpit mock-up for increasing our skills when flying up in Tehachapi back when there was only farmland, apple orchard's and thermals.

This looks like such a vibrant flying community forum. I haven't flown in years and I probably wouldn't be able to contribute anything really constructive other than my love of flight. I have found satisfaction already in your forum from just learning about my old friend and those he hung out with. No doubt he may have worked with a few of you.

Thanks for reading

Back