• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

My 1st post. I own a Sonerai IIL & need advice.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spoonhonda

Hi guys, this is my first post. I own a Sonerai IIL & need advice on engine options. I bought it wrecked for $500. It has some fuselage tubes that got bent. I TIG weld so that's no problem to fix. The Sonerai IIL is designed for a VW Type1 engine. I had a fully built automotive race VW Type1 engine for it that burned up in my house last year. So now I'm exploring the option to put a Honda L15A engine in it. The L15A weight is really close to the VW Type1 engine. maybe even lighter. Anyone know what needs to be done to the L15 engine itself (not including exhaust and intake) to use it in an aircraft, or is it pretty well good to go in stock form using a reduction drive? I'd like to hear from someone with actual experience with this engine. Thanks!

Back