• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Lost Logs and Phase I Sign-off

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClaudeR

Supporting Member
Hello.

I recently purchased an ELSA Challenger II. It's a nice plane, but the previous owner (the one that I bought it from) was unable to obtain the logs (airframe and engine) from the previous-to-him owners. He tried to contact the previous owners to hunt down the logs, but without success.

He's done a good job of logging everything that he's done, but my primary question is about the Phase I sign-off. I assume that this was in one of the lost logs. Should I do the sign-off in the current log? If so, how should the text be adjusted? Especially since this is being done much later, the original flight test area was in Texas (I'm in California), etc.

If it makes a difference, this is an ELSA that came in through the Ultralight conversion process under FAR 21.191(i)(1) and the Operating Limitations and Special Airworthiness Certificates are dated 12-28-2007.

Thanks.

Claude

Back