• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Looking for either Scout or Weedhopper plans

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SundayFlyboy97

Hello,

I have decided to start building a single surface wing ultralight and and have decided on either Wheeler Scout or Weedhopper.

Where I live ultralights are not popular at all and therefore I will be building my own. Also, here in Europe there are all kinds of definitions of "ultralight" and none fit my description of a true ultralight (since when did 600kg gross aircraft start to fit in the ultralight category??)

However, since the Scout was factory built aircraft I can't find plans anywhere, even the Facebook group proved unhelpful. Ditto for Weedhopper.

Have been looking for similar designs (requirements: car-toppable, not flying wing, single surface (collapsible, rollable sails/wings)) and the Scout is the answer for my requirements.

Problem is, I am stuck on the wing issue. I am ready to make an order for aircraft grade aluminium (again, you cannot buy anything except basic 6060 in my country, crazy) and Dacron but am struggling to find any plans on how to build sail type wings used on the Scout.

Does anyone have any drawings available or can point where can I find Scout or Weedhopper plans/drawings?

I understand a GOAT would fit on a roof rack, it was my favorite, however with the width of the roof, and max length of roof rack bars available for my car, I wouldn't be able to fit wings level on my roof rack.
Also I am overweight for the GOAT, so a redesign would be necessary.

PS: If anyone is in Europe who has one of those 2 and thinking about selling I would be willing to consider purchasing for a fair price.

Back