• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Lone Pine Fly in in October

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PTAirco

Lone Pine fly in

Also known as the Taildragger Jamboree (although even nosewheelers are welcome). Had a great time last year. The fly outs are fun and within the capability of most reasonable pilots and aircraft, though they also have some places only recommended for the high performance stuff. Usually we divide into groups based on aircraft capability and had everything from a Tripacer, Taylorcraft, all manner of Cessnas and of course the big tire people. Great fun and most of the strips are no too difficult, but often at high density altitude. My O-300 powered Maule on 8.00 tires did fine. Or you can just hangout at Lone Pine and make an ice cream run to Independence which is mandatory. Some of the strips I would not have attempted if I hadn't seen a bunch of airplanes already on the ground; they look rough from the air! A lot of desert flying so bring lots of water and basic tools. The nice thing about flying in a group is that you'll not get stuck out there somewhere with a minor mechanical problem; somebody will help you out. We usually fly in groups of up to ten.

Back