• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Lithiums in aviation use.... real world experiences

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rsrguy3

I'm just now stepping into the ancient early morning Oshkosh picnic table on this subject, sincerest apologies if it's been beaten to death, as I couldn't find the answers I'd been looking for thus far...
Lithium batteries in aviation..... what are the pros and cons here?
What safety concerns should I be aware of?
Are they compatible with battery tenders?
How durable are they and what kind of longevity should I expect on my io360?
How many manufacturers are their, and who is the best?
What do I need to know about my charging system and it's compatibility with lipo tech?
What have you experienced in the real world tus far with this new tech?

Last edited:
Back