• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Kolb Firestar

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluebird1

Hello from Iowa!
I fly a Kolb Firestar that I completed back in 1996. This is an older 1985 (5 rib) version that I purchased from an older farmer who started but never finished the build.
I made the 'bucket list' flight to Oshkosh in 2004, and even got to meet Homer Kolb! (waiting in line for breakfast one morning) and ended up in the Airventure DVD for that year! (last scene before the credits roll) Glory days, but I digress...
My little 'bluebird of happiness' has a Rotax 377 w/ 2.58:1 B-box swinging a big stick 66x28 Tennessee.
Unfortunately time and the elements have taken its toll on that old wood and I need to replace the prop. I am looking for suggestions/recommendations for a replacement prop. 2-blade?, 3 blade?, length? pitch?, wood?, composite? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
-Brian

Attachments

• IMG_20110821_185333-1.jpg
    IMG_20110821_185333-1.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 0
Back