• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Introduction of Falcomposite Furio builder

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hedley

My name is Hedley , I purchased a Falcomposite Furio kit over 12 years ago and, a few experienced builders made best attempts to progress the build but stopped due primarily due to scant documentation to say the least . At 66 years of age I have restarted the project with determination to complete within 18 months . I am hoping to leverage off the vast experience of members of this forum as I did not realise at the time of purchase that beside the carbon fibre parts supplied , EVERYTHING else had to be both designed , fabricated and assembled and documented so my first steps are to

1. seek out builders who can supply block diagrams showing components and interconnects of -

A. fuel system to supply IO-390-EXP
B. Brake system - I did buy Beringer brake components and tubing .
C. firewall forward components - I did buy a new IO 390 many years ago and hope it is not an expensive sinker
D. Dynon autopilot essential components - I did buy skyview , sl30 nav com , Dynon 261 transponder , GPSMAP 695 and Dynon engine monitoring package .
E. hydraulic retract systems - i have the oildyne pump , hydraulic manifold , pressure switches and managed to assemble and get wheels up and down
F. electrical systems .

2 . From the above drawings I would be able to compile a bill of materials and price input cost of each line item ( South African rand has gone from R7 to the $ , to close to R 20 to the $ , since initial kit purchase ) so this is a multi million rand exercise which is daunting and probably unaffordable .

3. compile an activity list , prioritised by lowest $ cost FIRST , to start getting traction and then acquire the skills and tools for each activity e.g carbon fibre layup for all inspection panel covers , fuel bladder bulkheads , carbon fibre seat moulds and 100’s more items.

So in summary , if anyone can direct me the the correct part of the forumn to get info on 1 A-F , that will be much appreciated .

Back