• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Intro from New England

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Manudubourg

Hi everyone,

I have been reading the forum for quite some time but not active. It’s time for an official intro.

My name is Emmanuel. Arrived in New England few months back after few years in Europe where I enjoyed flying gliders more than motorized. Don’t have the opportunity here so I am back at flying motorized tin can!

I have been involved in RC model, especially glider with wingspan above 3m (9ft). Enjoyed the construction as much as the flying.

During my college years, I got the opportunity to work for DG Flugzeugbau (German glider manufacturer) as an intern. Loved it.

I had a Sonerai project for a while. But never completed it. I found out it needed a dedicated space that I didn’t have.

I kind of like efficiency and challenging myself. I found some efficient designs but not with the right construction techno (want to stay away from pulling 10k rivets!). I found some construction close to my liking but don't think they are efficient. More on that later.
Construction method is important to me because I will spend more time building than flying the thing!

So I have been thinking on designing my own aircraft. I will make a separate thread about my project.

I would like to thank all contributors to HBA. I really enjoy the place. People are civilized, constructive and smart. Moderators are doing an awesome job keeping the trash out! Thanks guys.

Emmanuel

Back