• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Icom a200 and garmin gma340 wiring

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liron Mishal

Hi
I'm in the process of adding a second radio and audio panel to my plane.
I'm struggling a bit with the wiring of the icom a200 radio to the garmin 340 audio panel.

It seems like the mic and ptt of the icom has a separate ground from the headphones, but the gma 340 uses the same ground for all functions (mic, headphones, ptt).

Is the a problem connecting the mic and ptt ground to the headphones ground on the icom side?
I attached the wiring diagram from both manuals

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230926_022750_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    Screenshot_20230926_022750_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    370.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20230926_023024_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230926_023024_Chrome.jpg
    460 KB · Views: 0
Back