• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

How to sell my aircraft...?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadProfessor8138

Spring will be rolling around before too long and I'm going to post my Starduster Too for sale once the weather warms up.
Flight time is an issue that I'm not sure how to handle with a future potential buyer though.
There are several reasons why I won't give rides in my aircraft :
1. Most aren't looking to actually buy,they just think the biplane with smoke is cool and want a joy ride.
2. I sustained a back injury in an automobile accident a little over a year ago and it is EXTREMELY difficult for me to get back up & out of the hole,so much so that I'm selling the plane to fly something else with better ergonomics for me.
3. I don't have enough time in the aircraft to feel comfortable with a complete stranger in the front hole....don't want to put their safety in jeopardy.
4. After a local pilot decided to kamikaze my Tomahawk with his aircraft and my insurance had to pay out the claim because he didn't have an insurance policy or the money to pay for my aircraft.....my insurance coverage went through the roof.
With the policy premium increase I had to drop the hull coverage off my insurance policy and I just have a renters policy now that covers me flying everyone else's aircraft,which is fine because I have keys to half a dozen aircraft.
My Starduster carries no hull coverage now so I don't take the chance of flying it and something happen to it.

I can't/won't give demo rides because of the listed reasons and I don't want to just hand the keys over to a stranger that may just want to joy ride my aircraft and could possibly hurt himself and tear up my aircraft.
So how would you guys deal with this aspect of selling the aircraft ?

Kevin

Last edited:
Back